Saturday, February 10, 2007

Update on Traffic Program -Driving Business to Your Ebay Store

I am currently in the 3rd month of our traffic program trials. So far I have been happy, but want to update you a little on how things are going.

December and January were both great months for us. In February things started slow, but have been picking up some. I noticed my hits having been coming in slower from the traffic program. I am also not working as much with the store as I usually do. I have found that in order to good sales I need to target traffic of 1200 visitors a day for about 600 items in the store. I am going by the Omniture Traffic reports given to store owners free of charge in the store description. It seems to me when traffic spikes to those level things start happening.
What I mean is that small increases in traffic do not seem to show results I need to get to that level which I did in February, and in December and also in March 2006 when stores were in eBa's core search. So bringing in traffic more slowly is not helping proportionately it has to hit critical levels. I am working on that now. Below is a banner for the traffic program.



Lots of people are emailing me or messaging me for help with accounting for their eBay business. I want to mention that if you scroll down a bit you will see a banner that will take you to my friend Rogers software for eBay sellers . It is inexpensive and handles your eBay business, we use it! There is also a program for selling on ebay for consignment. IF you are lazy and dont want to see his banner his site is located at http://auctionsellersolutions.com

So far on the hit program we have had solid store sales every month. February ended with our lowest fee bill in two years and we sold over 100 store items!

I still need to do more testing (seems like a never ending job), and also sample out some international traffic from other sources!

Marty

No comments: