Wednesday, August 31, 2005

SELLING- Enlist the Family to find things to sell!




This morning's post is about staying tuned in to what people are looking for. A while back my daughter was at a store where she saw these items that you see pictured here made by the designer Jeffrey Fulvimari. For those of you unfamiliar with him, he was the illustrator of the Madonna book called "The English Garden" (I believe that is the name). Well these were little purses , I guess most would call them wallets. There is also another item we found which was a makeup bag which is also pictured.Originally priced at $12.00 or more , they appeared to be on sale for $1.50. When I went back to the store with my daughter, they rang up as .75 cents on the register! So we filled a few shopping carts with them LOL . Im not sure of the exact number we bought over a few months on clearance but there had to be 100 or more. We sold every last one of them at prices from $5.99 to about $12.00 with some buyers from overseas buying a dozen at a time. Now I had never heard of Jeffrey Fulvimari, but my daughter has good taste, and if she likes things usually other people do. So keep your eyes and ears open as those around you point you in the direction of neat things to sell!

No comments: