Saturday, December 30, 2006

Bringing in Traffic & Sales to your your eBay store

Some people have contacted me with concerns or requests for more info on how the traffic program is going. I wanted to update everyone. If you read the post right below this one you will get a basic overview. The answer so far is.. I am still testing this out! On December 12th I began a 30 day period of 25k in purchased hits. I am getting traffic, visitors (longer stays) and sales. eBay doesnt have the easiest system for drilling down for information on this but if you are really familiar with their advanced traffic reports for featured stores and familiar with your buying patterns and graphs you can narrow this down. The last time I checked I was only 13k through a 25k program of targeted hits. The total cost of my initial hit generating program here is 99 dollars. So Im about halfway through. Some people have had concerns about these type of companies with this traffic. So far my statistics and those provided by the hit company have seemed to match though there is a delay at times in my traffic reporting (it seems) through eBay. I am going to try to post a picture here to show you what happened to my traffic since December 12th when I started this. Also the graph you will see is what is called "VISITORS" these are longer stays, longer than just a click in and out apparently. My research has shown that there are a few good companies with this type of traffic but that there are many other "scams" . My personal opinion is that when eBay ended their keywords program the replacement program was something I couldnt even understand let alone try and has not worked for us. We are branching out to try a few new things and it might take a month or two of testing (so keep checking back) to really give an official opinion on this. I have a few different things I can try. First, I can try to run a lot less auctions and just bring this type of traffic in for January and run a few TA (Trading assistant) auctions where the customers pay the fees, and a few collectible auctions. The other thing I can try is the 7 day burst they offer where I bunch this all up in 7 instead of 30 days to see if I see a surge in sales. If you are curious and cautious dont try this until you get some more info from my trials :)

No comments: