Thursday, August 19, 2010

Vintage Software Look for realy RPG (role playing games)...




I added a few auctions this past week. While bidding in general seems to be down from the economy vintage role playing game software packages seem to still attract bidders. I was at the local flea market, hunting through boxes of "2 for a dollar" items and came across a complete program with box called Wizardry 1 (see the pic). Its an early 80s software game which was an early pioneer in the role playing game market. Ive seen this particular game sell for good money in the past and I already have a bid and numerous watchers on it. While I was there I passed on another partial software package including some early guides for a game called Ultima 3. It would have been only 50cents but it wasnt complete. However I came home and researched it and it appears people still collect these guides so I went back the next week to the flea market and amazingly it was still there burried deep in a box! I have added a picture of this one also. Generally speaking anything with Wizards, Dragons and from the 80s should do well and you should keep an eye out for this type stuff. I think in another section of my blog I posted about an early psychology program called Dr Shrink or something. Look for those too.

No comments: