Thursday, April 24, 2008

Vintage Cofee Maker (Samovar) Forman Manufacturing Brooklyn NY



Here is an item I will be putting up for sale on Ebay soon. It is three piece set of an electric Samovar made by Forman Mftg in Brooklyn NY and is in great condition. It comes with the sugar bowl an creamer and has all the parts inside (percolator type parts) all in great condition, cord included as well.A while back a comparable listing was put up by an auction house (Ebay Live auction). I do not believe it sold, it was missing a part or two and they had some crazy price on it of about $1200 estimated value. Sometimes it is hard to price items. Generally speaking I would like to use the auction format so I dont undershoot a good price. However, given the current softness everywhere in retail sales and on Ebay I was thinking maybe Id try out using Fixed price with Best offer and start high and let people make offers. I will keep you posted on this item! It certainly looks great and might wind up serving coffee here in the house if I do not get a great price for it :)

No comments: