Saturday, June 09, 2007

Ebay LIVE Boston - Pre Conference Report 6/9/07


Well , it is almost time for Ebay Live 2007 in Boston, Mass! The conference runs June 14-16th but already there are some hints of some important things going on. One interesting thing is that Seth Godin the Squidoo visionary will be speaking. The guy is a guru for sure. I only wish I had more time to digest all he has writen. I will be attending his class at eBay Live and Squidoo will have a presence there.


There are some interesting classes in the schedule for Live. There is one on eBays new media market. It has been a struggle for eBay but it might be an area where local radio commercials become available for bidding fairly soon. I also heard (non-eBay related) that Cable now has the ability to pinpoint ads to your neighborhood. If this is every offered in an eBay like marketplace I can see huge potential for local business.


Speaking of Local business I am curious about the the class offered called "Ebay Local" and wondering if that is an expansion of their home page "Map It" feature or something new, different and Craigslist like? I am in that class!


I will be reporting here LIVE from LIVE so to speak. There are some other areas we are curious about including Rent.com (an Ebay company) since my wife is also a real estate agent.


If you have ideas/comments about live feel free to post! -Marty
(picture if of a Plush DICE radio we have in our store!)


No comments: