Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ebay Live Boston 2007 Received Community Hall of Fame Award

Another shot of Marty getting his Hall of Fame Award


Exciting news! I could not tell you about it until the event was over! I received one of 5 Community Hall of Fame Awards given out by Ebay this year! The award is for being a good member of the Ebay community, helping others , and names are suggested by former winners and Ebay employees from what I understand. It was a great award to win! I received the honor of directing a $2500 donation to Solar Youth Inc from Ebay. Solar Youth is an organization that teaches inner city kids about the environment through all kinds of great activities. When I saw a video of the kids climbing a local hill and their faces I said you bet this is the one! I also received a wonderful plaque and a crystal award of stars that fit into a plaque, a part of which is to be placed in Ebays corporate HQ. I could not have won this without all my friends at Ebay and my fellow eBay seller friends that pulled this part of me out into the open. I realize I want to do as much as possible to help other people and I was very honored to receive this award which will mark an important time in my life when I realized I need to spend more time helping others. Here are a few pictures for you! -Marty
PS - If anyone from ebay reads this blog post.. Thank you ! So much please thank Meg and Bill for me! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Marty!

It's the community that counts!

(Perhaps that could be a motto for accountants...)

Silver Lotus said...

Way to go Marty! If the leadership at eBay had the same kind of vision that you have, it would be in much better shape now. Community does count, and at least we have that. Congratulations from Silver Lotus!

Silver Lotus

katiyana said...

No one deserves it for than you, Marty, for all you do for the eBay community....

I'm honored to be your friend!

Anonymous said...

Congrats from CharmLinda