Sunday, January 20, 2013

Rocket Banks from the 50s Strato Bank and Astro Manufacturing

These banks ALWAYS sell on Ebay. But do not pay too much to aquire them. Prices have recently been very good (and rising). Generally, on coin bank items I break my rule of thumb and can pay up to 5-10 dollars each for them. In this case I bought 2 for about 10 bucks. I usually try to stick to my under $2.00 acquisition price but you wont find these that cheap.

The two banks pictured are the Astro Manufacturing Rocket Bank and the Strato Bank. Both are from the mid to late 50s. I listed them on auction starting at 1 cent and in the first day they shot up to 17 bucks with 8 watchers. Keep in mind most things "rocket, space, NASA, etc" have a market on ebay. It should be one of your top areas to look for things in.

UPDATE - Auction just closed - Sold for $111.00   :)

1 comment:

Space Truckin' said...

The results of my several years of research regarding these fascinating old toys: http://www.go-star.com/antiquing/space-banks.htm