Wednesday, November 01, 2006

What are Vintage Video games and why do they sell well?


It is hard to believe but enough years have past where we now have what are called Vintage Video games or even vintage computer software! Both categories sell fairly well on eBay though you might want to put the older software titles in the ebay store until the right buyer comes along. Vintage video games are sometimes called first generation games and are basically games that came out with some of the first gaming systems. Generally you would want items from 1990 or earlier to get any interest but there are some exceptions. Recently I picked up a bunch of vintage nintendo games from the late 80s for only $2.50 in total! I have shown you an example in the picture with this post. There are lots of great books out there on vintage video games, video game history and even some price guides. It is a great area to go into! Vintage computer software also sells well. Apparently some people still have the old pcs and like to buy items from time to time or they collect these now collectible software titles! You can see our listings at our eBay store at http://Onceuponabid.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The notion of vintage video games makes me feel O-L-D!!! Seems like only yesterday that they came out. But it's a neat idea, and thank you for writing about it. I will be keeping my eyes open for first generation finds.

Silver Lotus

Anonymous said...

It is interesting.
First it may be that the buyer now has a job and cash. The game platform or vintage computer may have been something his neighbour , uncle or cousin had and that tcould never afford . Now this person is in a position to.
In addition some of the older games were just fun . Simnpler and more predictable than today's complex games.

www.vintagecomputermanuals.com

http://vvintagecomputermanuals.blogspot.com/

Melanie Wilson and Family said...

Hi Marty, not sure if you'll remember me or not. this is Andy (aka adsgoneby). Christmas time is rolling around, and I just wanted you to know I still remember and appreciate the 'pay it forward' you did for me and my family last year. I've pretty much left eBay altogether, and have my own website now (www.adsgoneby.com) - although it's not breaking any sales records just yet lol. Anyway, just wanted to stop in and say hi and let you know I'll always remember your kindness and to say thank you - again. Glad to see you're still doing well on eBay!